published March 7th, 2011 | categories: Informational, Linux, Linux Distributions, Ubuntu | all categories
It was a short 8 years ago, that Mark Shuttleworth conceived the Ubuntu distribution. A short while after that, Ubuntu was born. This year, Shuttleworth decided to step away from the oceanic themed names, and went for a more iconic conception.
Ubuntu 11.10 is code named Oneiric Ocelot.
- Oneiric – of or relating to dreams or dreaming
- Ocelot – (Leopardus pardalis) a dwarf leopard from Brazil
The next version distribution of Ubuntu preceding Oneiric Ocelot, still unnamed, will be v.12.04LTS.
Ubuntu 11.04 – 28Apr11
Ubuntu 11.10 - 13Oct11
- Configure ownCloud for SSL on Ubuntu 10.04.4
- SpiderOak large tss_external_blocks_pandora_sqliite_database folder
- Free or open-source self-hosted spreadsheets
- Remove interface from ifconfig without restarting
- Change the Windows default Remote Desktop (RDP) port
Previous Post: « Building a MicroTower database serverDo you have something to say? Send me a message on Twitter @nwlinux.
Next Post: Dust bunnies in computer exhaust »