published March 7th, 2011 | categories: Informational, Linux, Linux Distributions, Ubuntu | all categories
It was a short 8 years ago, that Mark Shuttleworth conceived the Ubuntu distribution. A short while after that, Ubuntu was born. This year, Shuttleworth decided to step away from the oceanic themed names, and went for a more iconic conception.
Ubuntu 11.10 is code named Oneiric Ocelot.
- Oneiric – of or relating to dreams or dreaming
- Ocelot – (Leopardus pardalis) a dwarf leopard from Brazil
The next version distribution of Ubuntu preceding Oneiric Ocelot, still unnamed, will be v.12.04LTS.
Ubuntu 11.04 – 28Apr11
Ubuntu 11.10 - 13Oct11
- Convert and handle .PST archive to mbox
- What information does AeroFS keep about your data?
- Reduce prying eyes with these anti-PRISM software
- Running 32-bit on 64-bit Debian Linux
- Installing Android Studio on Ubuntu Linux 64-bit
Previous Post: « Debian 7 (Wheezy) – Power off when laptop lid closedPartially conscious on Twitter @nwlinux.
Next Post: Configure LDAP app for ownCloud 5.0.7 »
See all posts