published January 16th, 2011 | categories: CMS, Featured, Informational, Microsoft, Open-Source, Wordpress | all categories
Windows Web Matrix (http://www.microsoft.com/web/webmatrix/) is a free platform that lets you publish content to your WordPress, Joomla!, DotNetNuke, and other blog CMS via their interface. WebMatrix has full support for PHP, however I am uncertain how far that support goes (e.g. gd or cli extensions). To achieve this feat, Microsoft uses IIS Developer Express, which operates as a standalone server from the installed IIS.
WebMatrix is NOT designed for hard core techies or enterprise developers. CMS updates and other interactions will not take place using this system.
Total installation required an additional 45MB of downloaded data, to include SQL Server and a host of other programs.
- What information does AeroFS keep about your data?
- Reduce prying eyes with these anti-PRISM software
- Change Microsoft Office 2007 default save location using the registry
- Windows Firewall: Allow port using command line
- Free or open-source self-hosted spreadsheets
Previous Post: « How I moved away from Google servicesPartially conscious on Twitter @nwlinux.
Next Post: RedBox Instant by Verizon review »
See all posts